The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, recognizing the need for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection, in the emerging economic scenario, has decided to launch this Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection.
Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection specialisation is in increasing demand considering increasing incidents of cyber crimes and frauds detection. It is the practice of utilizing accounting, auditing, CAATs/ Data Mining Tools, and investigative skills to detect fraud/ mistakes.
- Assessment of the damages
- Fact finding to see whether fraud/ embezzlement has taken place
- Collection of evidences
- Investigating and analyzing financial evidences
- Course Classes duration will be for Seven days with a prerequisite to undergo E-Learning of 17 hours & 30 minutes. (One can learn 18 hours sitting at Home/Office).
- 2 Module tests. One for E Learning on First day of class and one on 7th day. (20 Marks each)
- Every Participant will continue to submit of one Research paper (min. 10 pages) with PPT, two forensic audit reports within two weeks after completion of the Course (60 Marks).
- A final assessment test of 100 Marks which will be held on quarterly basis. (Applicable for old continuing batches as well).
- 40 Marks for two Module Tests + 40 Marks for two Forensic Audit Report + 20 Marks for Research Paper & PPT (TOTAL- 100 Marks)
Candidates have to secure 50% marks in their Module Test and Project Work (i.e. 50 Marks in total out of 100) to get eligible for appearing in the Assessment Test. Hence passing of the Module Tests and the Project Work is the precondition for appearing in the FAFD Assessment Test
- 100 marks for FAFD Assessment Test
The minimum marks required for passing FAFD Assessment Test is 50% i.e. 50 marks out of 100
- The Minimum Attendance Criteria is 90%
- In case the candidate is securing marks less than 50% in Project Work and Module Test (together) due to which he / she is not able to get eligible to appear for FAFD Assessment Test then the Candidate may be allowed to re-submit the Project only (i.e. two Forensic Audit Report + Research Paper & PPT) with the re-submission fee (Fee shall be announced soon). The Topic may be same or a new Topic can be requested by the Candidate.
Topics covered in E- Learning
- Fundamentals of Forensic Accounting
- Frauds related concepts
- Forensic Audit Interview
- Live Case Studies on Banking Frauds
- Red Flags- Concepts and Techniques
- Live Case Study on Financial Statement Analysis
- International Laws
- IT Act vis-à-vis Business Laws
- Indian Laws
Topics covered during Professional Training of Seven Days
- Precursor Course on MS Excel
- Course Introduction, Business Fraud, scenario, and fraudster profile
- Discussion on types of red flags, types of fraud situations.
- Methods of investigations – CAATs
- Case Studies on Frauds, Use of Benford Law, RSF, Luhn's Algo
- Mathematical Quantification Using CAATs - Benford's Law
- Red and Green Flags, Case Studies Types of Frauds
- Mathematical Quantification Using CAATs – RSF, Case Studies
- Financial fraud, interviewing and field investigations
- Digital Forensics and Cyber law
- Introduction to Data Extraction, Digital Forensics and Cyber Crime, Ethical Hacking, Digital Incident Response
- Indian Laws
- Introduction to Cyber Crime & International Guidance to Cyber Forensics Laws
- Internal Financial Controls ( IFC ) as per Companies Act 2013 ( Sec 143 , 134 , 5A ), Auditing Standards, Fraud under the Companies Act
|Course Duration:7 Days.
|CPE Hours: The CPE credit of 20 Hours will be given to the participants. (15 CPE hours after completion of PT Session and remaining 5 CPE Hours after passing the FAFD Assessment Test)
|Course Fees: Rs 14000 + 18% GST per delegate payable Online
|Further details of this course and registration forms are available at the following links:
Online Registration Form
|Course Mail id:- email@example.com
|Further Details & Assistance
CA. Amit Gupta
Assistant Secretary, Digital Accounting & Assurance Board, ICAI
Tel: +91 120-3045 961 / 963