|Terms of Reference of the Professional Development Committee|
- To assist the Council in determining and defining the objectives of the accounting profession and amending or restructuring such objectives in keeping with the increasing or changing duties and responsibilities of the profession.
- To determine the manner and the form in which guidance should be provided to members in regard to professional matters other than those specifically falling within the functions of any other Committee.
- To consider the different ways in which the profession could be of assistance in promoting social or economic goals having regard to the present thinking of the society and its changing expectations.
- To determine what programmes of development should be carried out at the different levels, i.e., the Institute, regional councils and members as such and to lay down targets in this regard.
- To assist the Council in educating public on matters affecting the profession.
- To explore and develop fresh avenues of work for members in public practice.
- To assist the Council in improving the communication process with representative bodies of users of services of the profession e.g., the Chambers, the Bureau of Public Enterprises.
- To conduct courses, seminars, workshops, etc. on subjects not specifically related to other committees and also except the All India Conferences of Members.
- To deal with such other matters as the Council or the President may consider appropriate.