- To examine the direct tax laws, rules, regulations, circulars, notifications, etc. which may be enacted or issued by the Government from time to time and to send suitable memoranda containing suggestions for improvements in the respective legislation.
- To organize seminars, conferences program independently and /or jointly with the Government / trade associations/ mutual concerns formed for the general public utility etc including workshops for Pre-Budget Memorandum and post-Budget Memorandum.
- To prepare and submit to the Governmental authorities, Pre-Budget and Post-Budget Memoranda relating to Direct Taxes.
- To respond to issues on direct laws referred by the Governmental authorities/Statutory Authorities/ Regulatory Bodies.
- To prepare suitable representations to the Governmental authorities, the Central Board of Direct Taxes or other appropriate bodies on various issues arising out of direct tax laws.
- To assist, advise and coordinate with the Government of India in the functioning of various Committees formed by Central Board of Direct Taxes on direct tax matters from time to time.
- To prepare memoranda for submission to the Governmental authorities or Committees formed by the Government from time to time.
- To bring out new publications and revise the existing publications relating to direct tax laws
- To educate the members in the field of direct taxes through e-newsletters
- To organize short term courses on direct tax laws.
- To organize In-house Executive development programme
- To deal with such other matters as the Council or the President may consider appropriate.