Policy for hosting comments received on documents hosted by Accounting Standards Board for comment submission on website of the Institute
This policy is with regard to the due process to be followed for the comments submission online on the various documents issued by the Accounting Standards Board on the Institute’s website. This policy to host comments was approved at the 332nd Council meeting held on March 20-22, 2014 at New Delhi and structure of the same was finalised at the 207th meeting of the Accounting Standards Board held on April 19, 2014.
- An option to submit comments online is provided with each document hosted on the website of the Institute including documents issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) for comments by the Accounting Standards Board (hereinafter referred to as ASB). Details such as Name and E-mail ID are required to be mandatorily provided by the comment submitter. Organisation’s Name and Membership Number may also be provided at the option of the comment submitter.
- After the comment is submitted, an automated reply via e-mail will be sent to the comment submitter acknowledging the comments submission.
- Comments received after the last date for submitting comments will not be hosted on Institute’s website even though the ASB may decide to consider the same while finalising the document under consideration.
- The ASB reserves the right to not to host the comments submitted online on the website of the Institute in appropriate cases.
- The comments will be hosted on the website of the Institute only after the appropriate authority approves its hosting. Post approval, an intimation email will be sent to the comment submitter, informing that his/her comment has been hosted on the website of the Institute.
- The comments so approved by the appropriate authority will be made available for public viewing till a request is made by the ASB secretariat to remove the same from the website of the Institute.
- ASB reserves the right to remove the comments without any explanation to the comment submitter in that regard.
- The decisions on comments received are made on collective basis by the ASB. Accordingly, the ASB will not respond or reply individually to each comment submitter as to the disposal of his/her comments.
- In case any comments are received in a mode other than online, the same will also be hosted on the website of the Institute by the ASB Secretariat, if received before the comment date.