- Submission of difficulties being faced by the assessee in claiming TDS and also efiling of Income-tax returns.
- Considering the prevailing situation in Hyderabad, Telangana districts of Andhra Pradesh, North eastern states and other muffasil areas, the CBDT Chairman, Shri M.C. Joshi was requested to extend the last date of filling income tax returns suitably. Accordingly, the due date was extended from 30th September, 2011 to 31st October, 2011 only in the State of Sikkim.
- Submission of illustrative Master Guides in respect of circulars/notifications/ instructions issued by the CBDT to Directorate of Income tax (TDS) with a suggestion to issue master guides for the convenience of taxpayers, which shall incorporate all the circulars /notifications/ instructions etc. be issued by the CBDT on a particular subject and the same may be updated half-yearly/ yearly.
- Request to frame guidelines for empanelment of an accountant, if any, adopted to conduct special audit under section 142(2A).
- Considering the complaints received from members across the country regarding misuse of membership numbers of auditors by others in the tax audit reports, the Committee had requested CBDT to allow uploading of tax audit report along with the income-tax returns, digitally signed by the Chartered Accountant. Further, it has been suggested that a user id and a password may be made available to every member so that the member can view all the tax audits reports uploaded in his name.
- Preparation and submission of draft Single “Direct Taxes Return” Form for Direct Taxes Code.
- With a view to give a way forward to the Central Board of Direct Taxes in framing draft Rules and Forms in respect of Direct Taxes Code Bill, 2010 study groups have been formed all over India for drafting of Forms and Rules for the proposed Direct Taxes Code Bill, 2010.
- Representation to consider practical difficulties being faced by assesses due to generation of erroneous arrear demands by CPC. Further, considering the practical problems being faced in submission of ITR-V to Bengaluru, the CBDT has been requested to extend the time limit for such submission in respect of AY 2010-11 and AY 2011-12 till 31.01.2012 or 120 days from the date of upload whichever is later.
- Submission of Post Budget Memorandum-2011 after detailed analysis of the tax provisions of the Union Budget-2011 by the Direct Taxes Committee.
- Consideration of issues involved in convergence of Companies Act, IFRS, GST and DTC on request of Ministry of Corporate affairs and submission of preliminary views of ICAI.
- Submission of certain issues of wide import before the Central Direct Taxes Advisory Committee (CDTAC) formed under the Chairmanship of the Hon’ble Union Finance Minister in September, 2011.
- Submission of inputs on “Discussion paper on Tax Accounting Standard (TAS)” released by Central Board of Direct Taxes for public comments.
- Submission of Pre-Budget Memorandum, 2012 after due consideration of the suggestions received from members at large.