The course will prepare the participants for the challenges and opportunities in the field of Public Finance and Government Accounting. The course covers important aspects of Public Finance and Government Accounting at Central, State and Local Bodies. Through cases, lectures and dynamic peer discussions, this course intends to equip the participants with an understanding of the Economic policies of the Government, Budgets, Fiscal tools, Government Grants, Public Funds, Rules, Regulations and Accounting Systems pertaining to Government departments/Institutions of Centre, State and local bodies.
Eligibility for the course
The course is open for the members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India as well as for the students who have cleared CA final examination.
Modules to be covered in the course
||Public Revenue & Taxation
||Accounting Rules, Process, in general & at specific Ministries
||Accounting/Auditing of Constitutional, Statutory, Autonomous and Regulatory Bodies
||Accounting in Local Bodies (Both Urban and Rural)
||Internal Control and Risk Management
||Professional Opportunities for Chartered Accountants in Government Accounting
Duration of the Course
- Seven days’ classes (only on weekends – 6 hours in a day) will be held in case of class room batch.
- Fourteen days’ classes will be held (only on weekends - 3 hours in a day) will be held in case of online batch.
- 70% attendance in classes is mandatory for appearing in the exams.
Credit of 30 hours will be given to the participants as mentioned hereunder:
- 25 CPE Hours on completion of course with necessary attendance
- 5 CPE Hours shall be granted only after qualifying the Course
Registration will be on first come-first serve basis. (registration for online batch can be done only through Digital Learning platform of ICAI, i.e., https://learning.icai.org/iDH/icai/).
- Rs 12,390/- (Rs. 10,500 + 18% GST) per participant-class room batch.
- Rs. 5,900/- (Rs. 5,000+ 18% GST) per participant- online batch - course fee for online batch can be paid through Digital Learning Platform of the ICAI, i.e., https://learning.icai.org/iDH/icai/
- In case refund/admission cancellation request has been received from the member for any reason, before commencement of the Certificate Course, 10% of Gross fee paid (inclusive of GST) will be deducted as per norms of ICAI. No refund request will be entertained after commencement of the batch.
- In case, batch has been cancelled by the Committee due to unavoidable circumstances, full fees will be refunded to the member by the Committee.
The paper will consist of 100 MCQs (all questions mandatory). It will be Open Book Examination (OBE).
Assessment examination fees is Nil for the First Evaluation. The Committee would send details regarding online examination to the eligible registered participants by e-mail.
Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks to qualify the certificate course examination.
The result will appear after 5 minutes of closure of online examination. List of passed participants will also be hosted at the Institute’s website.
Virtual Certificates to be uploaded on DLH platform itself. The process for issuance of virtual Certificates after set procedures will take at least 30 days from the date of examination. The members will have option to download the same.
The reassessment examination for the candidates would be organised by the Committee. A fee of Rs. 1000 /- each time would be charged if a candidate is required to re-appear for the examination.
Please contact the Secretariat of the Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information required in this regard.
With warm regards,
Chairman & Vice-Chairman
Committee on Public & Government Financial Management