The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, recognizing the need for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection, in the emerging economic scenario, has decided to launch this Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection.
Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection specialisation is in increasing demand considering increasing incidents of cyber-crimes and frauds detection. It is the practice of utilizing accounting, auditing, CAATs/ Data Mining Tools, and investigative skills to detect fraud/ mistakes
- Assessment of the damages
- Fact finding to see whether fraud/ embezzlement has taken place
- Collection of evidences
- Investigating and analyzing financial evidences
|Course Features (in Physical Mode)
- Course Classes duration will be for 7 days (44 Hours) with a prerequisite to undergo E-Learning of 17.5 hrs via https://learning.icai.org/committee/digital-insights/forensicaccounting-and-fraud-detectio-fafp-2019-l1/
- 2 Module tests will be conducted during the session. (20 Marks each- Total 40 marks)
- Participant have to submit one Research paper, PPT, two forensic audit reports within two weeks after completion of the Course (60 Marks)
(Guidelines for Research Paper: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V8OjOtDN4MXykBIrwU70DfUV2ELbEU4Q?usp=sharing).
- A final online assessment test of 100 Marks which will be held on quarterly basis.
- 40 Marks for two Module Tests + 40 Marks for two Forensic Audit Report + 20 Marks for Research Paper & PPT (TOTAL- 100 Marks)
Participant have to secure 50% marks in their Module Test and Project Work (i.e. 50 Marks in total out of 100) to get eligible for appearing in the Assessment Test. Hence passing of the Module Tests and the Project Work is the precondition for appearing in the FAFD Assessment Test
- 100 marks for FAFD Assessment Test
The minimum marks required for passing FAFD Assessment Test is 50% i.e. 50 marks out of 100
- The Minimum Attendance Criteria is 90%
- In case the Participant is securing marks less than 50% in Project Work + Module Test due to which he / she is not able to get eligible to appear for FAFD Assessment Test then the Participant may be allowed to re-submit the Project only (i.e. two Forensic Audit Report + Research Paper & PPT) with the re-submission fees of Rs. 500 + GST (https://ccm.icai.org/?progid=2095). The Topic may be same or a new Topic can be requested by the Participant.
Topics covered during Professional Training of Seven Days
- Course Introduction, Business Fraud, scenario, and fraudster profile
- Discussion on types of red flags, types of fraud situations, Case Studies
- Data Analytics using MS Excel and CAAT Tools (IDEA)
- Digital Forensics and Cyber law
- Introduction to Cyber Crime & International Guidance to Cyber Forensics Laws
- Forensic Accounting & Investigation Standards (FAIS)
Course Duration: 7 Days
Course Fees: Rs 14000 + 18% GST
CPE Hours: The CPE credit of 20 Hours will be given to the participants.
(15 CPE hours after completion of PT Session and remaining 5 CPE Hours after passing the FAFD Assessment Test)
Note: The Course is available in Virtual Mode also.
Fees: Rs. 7000+18% GST
Course Duration: 11 days (44 Hours)
For details regarding virtual session, please visit: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/59083daab48213.pdf
For further details & registration, please visit: https://learning.icai.org/
For Further Details, please contact
Mr. Ankur Khairwal
Executive Officer, Digital Accounting & Assurance Board, ICAI
Tel: +91 120-3045963