A man of great professional and academic credentials, CA. Dayaniwas Sharma qualified in 2005, and is the Managing Partner of Laxminiwas and Co., Chartered Accountants.
He is an Information System Auditor (ISA) and Certified Forensic Auditor, having completed Diploma & Certification Course conducted by ICAI, respectively.
Armed with 23 years of experience in the fields of auditing, accounting, corporate re-structuring valuations, due-diligence and transaction advisory services and other related financial management services, CA. Dayaniwas Sharma has overseen and managed audit engagements of large corporate entities from international, private and public sector undertakings.
After discharging his duties on multiple committees as Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Member, during his first term, he has been re-elected for the second term to the Central Council of ICAI for the period 2022-25..
The list his contribution and involvement in last three years are-
- Technology: Self Service Portal (SSP), New ICAI website, Digital Learning Hub, UDIN, CA Connect Portal, Driving the Finance and Tax Literacy Drive of ICAI with 11 languages website, WE CARE portal for senior members and more.
- Subjects: Introducing Forensics Standards to the world of accounting profession nationally and internationally, Introducing specialised Certification courses on ABCD of technology, Revamping Forensic Accounting and Information System Audit courses which are accepted globally, revamping the entire Peer Review Process, working on New Networking Guidelines and more.
He continues to hold the Board membership of XBRL India, Quality Review Board (QRB), Peer Review Board (PRB), Financial Reporting Review Board (FRRB) in addition to Taxation Audit Quality Review Board (TAQRB).
Currently for the year 2022-23 he is the Chairman of Board of Studies (Academics), Digital Re-engineering and Transformation Committee, Center of Excellence-Hyderabad, Vice Chairman of Digital Accounting and Assurance Board (DAAB). He is also a member of 11 Technical Committees and 10 Non-Technical Committees.
He is a member of Federation of Telengana Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FTCCI), Indo American Chamber of Commerce (IACC), TIE – Hyderabad and CEO/ CFO Forum – Hyderabad.
Prior to joining the profession of Chartered Accountancy, CA. Dayaniwas Sharma was actively involved in ‘Stock Market Activities’ from 1993 to 1998. He is also a qualified member of Association of Mutual Funds of India (AMFI) since 2004.
Apart from these, CA. Dayaniwas Sharma has to his credit a plethora of other achievements:
- He has been instrumental in taking the firm into International arena and developed working relationship with different countries and 5 cities nationally. Their group is one of its kind to be called as ‘Indian Multinational Firms’ or Make in India firm of Chartered Accountants.
- He has been covered by a coffee table book and recognised as“Young India Visionary” by IMG Innovative Media Group in whole of UAE.
- Continues to deliver lectures at ICAI and other educational institutions on Audit, Taxation and Management topics.
At ICAI, National and International Forums, he took sessions and seminars on 23+ topics including topics like, Practice Management, Audit and Assurances, Taxation – Direct, and Indirect, Company Law and Allied Laws.